Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-240 for dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4tty

MIS
Oct 12, 2001
GB
Any comments on this book, has anyone passed using this as one of their study guides?

Additionally, any comments from people who passed the 70-240?

how did you find the exam?
also what is the current pass rate?

Current pass rate is unknown but I would estimate around 80% on each would get you through. If you fail one module you would probably be failed on the exam (but Microsoft won't tell anyone if this is the case).

The exam is not a learning by rote one - you need to know your stuff. It is actually an enjoyable exam - much better than the individual ones (I have sat all of them as I'm looking to train on both upgrade and full version methods).

The for Dummies books definitley are not adequate to prepare you for these tests. You really need to know this material before attempting these tests.

The exam was pretty difficult. Although there are less questions per section than the full exams it'll still take several hours. The pass rate is unknown to me but. If you fail one section of the exam you keep going. You have to finish the exam because they(MS) won't tell you that you failed until the end. As for the dummies books, you'll have to do better than that. The Exam Prep book, by Exam Cram, does pretty good at breaking all of the info down. The MS Press books are very wordy, but not too bad. Good luck. Out of 18 exams this is the only one I scored a perfect score (well, since you don't get a grade I can dream can't I?)!

Erik
pryor60@home.com

Just passed 70-240 today, wow is that a relief or what!

Used the dummies book but also the sybex accelerated study guide and the win 2k prof book. Not to mention several braindumps for good measure (well who wouldn't)

Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back