Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-218 Managing 2000 Network Environment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hercules029

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2003
US
What can I expect out of this exam as compared to the 210 & 215? I've heard a lot of people say its easy. I've yet to come across a cert exam that I found was "easy". (minus the A+ ;) Thanks.

Dennis
A+,Net+,MCP

No MS exams are easy...so I don't take this one lightly. On the other hand if you know 210 and 215 material/concepts, 218 is an extension of those exams with a stronger focus on 2000 Administration. Main things on this exam are:

1. Remote Access
2. AD and Group Policy
3. Routing and DHCP
4. IIS and Security

I have a book the 218 Readiness Review from MS Press that I used and it was very helpful. I recall alot on Group Policy ?'s that is for sure.

Gook Luck.

GMAN
MCP,MCSA,CNA

Mine was the same way. A LOT on Group Policies. I would say over half of my test was. There were a few DNS and DHCP questions, Not many.

James Collins
Hardware Engineer
A+, MCP, MCSA, Network+

I found 215,216, and 218 very easy in comparison to 216. Maybe its due to 4 years administering an nt and later 2k network.

group policies, efs, backups, network connectivity (pathping, ping, tracert etc), dhcp, and when to repair/last known good/safe mode

I found it so easy I only half studied for 216 and failed it. Definitely won't be underestimating any more of these.

Nick
Computer Support, no not just hardware.. I support everything :)

Sat the 218 last friday and passed so now I'm MCSA ;)

Any suggestions to which one to tackle next? I have 210,215,218,A+,Net+....thanks.

Dennis
A+,Net+,MCP,MCSA

meant 210,215, and 218 were easy.. 216 is exponentially more dificult :p

I may take the a+ net+ route instead.. it can't be any harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back