Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7.6.400b new client install ICR errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaustill

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2003
US
Macola Progression 7.6.400b running on a mssql 2000 server

I did not have any problem upgrading existing clients, but when I install a NEW client on a NEW PC I can not get ICR's to run. [[Other than ICR's Macola runs fine.]]
Attempting to start an integrated Crystal report gives me the two errors "LoadVBA error 429 Active X Component followed by RunMR2KReport 91 object variable" as documented in Exact's Doc ID : 05.767.937

I have tried Multiple uninstall's and reinstalls with no luck.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I just ran into this last week.

Look for this file:

c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\vba\vba6\vba62.dll

If it is not there, then go to start, run and execute this file:

macapps\macsql\install\vba\vba6.msi

Then try the reports. Let me know if this works, it should.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Macola finally figured this out. The program forgets to install the C:\windows\crystal or C:\winnt\crystal directory depending on your windows version. I copied the "Crystal directory under c:\winnt from a pre 7.6.400b workstation to the new workstation, problem solved.

Hair is now starting to grow back :)

When dealing with Macola prepare for a total loss of hair. Sometimes it grows back temporarily but in the end it is a one hair grown and two hairs lost sort of thing.

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!"

Ask a great question, get a great answer. Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.
Find out how to get great answers FAQ219-2884.

Hi. We are planning to install Macola 7.6.400b next week. We currently run 7.6.300c running on the Pervasive 8.7 database. Any wisdom that you can share that will make the install go smooth?

Are you staying on Pervasive or moving to SQL?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

The best wisdom would be to start with a conversion to SQL then do the update.

Better long term survivablility of your system.

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!"

Ask a great question, get a great answer. Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.
Find out how to get great answers FAQ219-2884.

Thanks for the suggestion on moving to SQL. We are staying with Pervasive for now as the SQL move is not in this year's budget.

Did you or do you know of anyone having issues the 7.6.400 upgrade? Thanks in advace.

A follow up question for this thread ...

I installed the vba6.msi and coppied the crystal directory as advised above; however, I am still experiencing a problem with running the GL Trial Balance ICR against Progression SQL 7.6.400b demo data.

The ICR runs but produces the following message along with a blank report:

"A number, currency amount, boolean, date, time, date-time, or string is expected here."

Any idea as to why this resut?

Anthony Norris
CFO/CIO
Desert Gem Trading/Noble Tile Supply

Register the file cruflma.dll on the machine in question. It should be in the windows\crystal directory.

If it is not found, copy from a machine where it already exists.

I am new to Macola and without any documentaion have had to install a client. Any client I install produces an error during the installation. It is a warning message: "Call to regdbcreatekeyex failed". I am installing from the macapps\macsql\install directory. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert,

This is a totally unrelated issue, lease start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back