Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7.5 Upgrade System/Session Manager problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCFLHRC

Technical User
Aug 16, 2011
US
So I upgraded this site to 7.5 about a month ago with very few issues. I have now installed the System/Session Manager Servers. When I did this I demoted the existing servers and made them member servers. All went well with this and I was able to get all components registered back into UCM using the new credentials and new Session Manager server as my primary Security Server. The problem I'm having is when I launch Element Manager for my main site in UCM sometimes the page opens and some times it doesn't. I'm trying to migrate my users from EM to Subscriber Manager and it errors out when I do it also. Problem it's not consistent. Some times it loads the page and some times it doesn't. I click the link to migrate my users and it will migrate a few but never all of them. Then they never show up in Sub Mgr when I do a sync. I have rebooted the SS and the System and Session Manager Servers. Same issue. Any ideas? It's wearing me down.

I have had several Avaya cases opened about EM and System manager they keep giving me a blow off answer that the Primary and Back UCM servers need to be rebuilt from scratch and nor demoted to memeber servers. I fixed one system that could not got o EM or to the NRS by un-deploying then redepoying the server. What error do you get when you luanch EM and it fails to load?

Several cases opened with Avaya. Only issue left now is Corporate Directory. The problem is in Design.

I was told not to demote, but reimage. but i was also told:
1. You can deploy your applications locally
2. you don't have to load the 3 patches first if you just install the Service Pack from CLI. All 3 updated patches are in the SP. Load SP, Load Apps, Load SP again. Patching can be done CLI. There is no restriction.
3. If you want to you can load all the individual patches in the SP one at a time. It doesn't make a difference.

Hello,

are these CPPM Servers except System and session mannager, or COTS?
IF CPPM, I would say it is a disk space problem, if you download the deplist you also can download the readme, there is a chapter how to get disk space available again

Yeah I have the same issue with Corp directory everything is manual as far as getting updates in to corp directory and Avaya stands on the design intent ticket.

Fritz, no the sites I have had issues with are COTS very large systems sometimes I think that it is System Manager getting busy or not responding to request fast enough and then time outs occur. Like when you CLI into the call server and log in and it tells you it is using emergency account SMGR didn't respond to the SSO request and so you get the emergency account. Then log out and log right back in all is good then. Just the wonderful world of security domain stuff....

Just one other tid bit also, watch loading SP7 on SMGR if you are running SMGR HA you have to take it out of HA mode and patch individually to patch the secondary HA SMGR use:

Then:

xm list - shows running systems

xm console udom – lets you log into CLI for WEB console

ifconfig to find the IP address (from root)

CNTL ] to get back to system platform.

We found the IP address for system platform and log into the GUI for system platform and ran the VSP patch (this would be the backup server)

Also if you load SP7 go to your EM links in Element view see if they still work if not the work around I used was to edit the EM link change the user from admin2 to admin and use the admin password that allowed me to get into EM you will get a warning at the top of the EM screen that you are using insecure passwords when your really not. Avaya is still trying to figure it out

if its cppm and 28 bit LBA addressing you can replace the HD with a larger one I believe you should be able to go up to 120GB, try a 60 or 80GB and problem should go away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back