Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7.019 voicemail pro randomly spamming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybrian

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2007
GB
Hi!

After upgrading to VMpro 7.0.19, we have a strange issue: Some of the voicemail emails keep coming 3 or 4 times in a row, same message. So if someone left me message at 4:40, ill get an email 4:30, 4:32 and maybe one again 5:10

its not always, but most of the times. Have tried 2 different mailserves (ms exchange) and the problem persists.

Anyone heard of this?

Experienced the same issue on some 6.1 installs and the previous 7.0 vmail load. Was random and only affected one or two users on each system. Restarted the service when it happened and it appears to subside.
Danny

Yeah we have restarted the service also, and the problem disappears. But it reappears again after some days! totally random...

try deleting the users mail box (c:\program files\avaya\voicemail pro\VM\Accounts\<Users Name>

if needs be - rename it to keep contents.

then restart VM Pro.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

I have the same issue but it's getting worse and also their voicemails are delayed. They are getting spammed like 13 times now.(also not everyone however) I have done a ground up rebuild of the server and voicemail and still no fix. Tried running it on server 03 and 08, no fix. Tried 6.1 and 7.0, no fix. They also are delayed from sending for up to a half hour then it will spam a ton of them. I have tested exchange and it's not on that side. We setup wireshark and it's not even sending to the email server once the voicemail is left. No activity on port 25. No antivirius or firewall blocking in place. If we restart the service, everything works properly for the first few voicemail's then goes back to crazy. Going to Avaya with this one. . . Let's hope it's quicker response then the other bug I have with them!

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

chaunymony, can you count?
Then don't cound on it :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Ha! I hear ya. I would take him back to 5.0 except for the fact he has a bunch of those terrible 9608's now ;-) Oh well, the little bug's are what keep me working and give me these wonderful silver highlights in my hair!

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

A serious question about this.
When this all was installed, was it on 6.1?
If yes then where the SMTP settings configured in the control panel or from the VMPro client?

When you upgrade from a pre 6.1 then you should still use the control panel.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I believe we found the fix and same thing as kholladay said. I tried about everything I could think of, rebuild, repair, new server, etc, while copying over the accounts,wav's,names and greetings folders to keep same messages. I tested on another server and voicemail to email was working fine but as soon as we copied the VM sub folders over it would break. We ended up deleting all the folders in accounts and let the ip office recreate the folders. We then manually copied and pasted the wav and txt files in each folder over to the new ones and found one large recording that was "currently in use" and could not be moved. Kept that one out of the loop and everything is working again (knock on wood). A tedious process as they have almost 300 vm boxes but if it stays stable, well worth it. Ours was actually two issues, the spamming issue and the messages were being delayed by a half hour ,doing the above seems to have fixed both.

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

Chaunymony; Thanks for that, it sounds similar to our problem, and then again not, we also thought it was because of the move, but we saw the spamming issue with a totally new VMPRO server without moving as much as a text file!

Meanwhile, we tried changing the method of sending mails to MAPI, and everything is working fine. So thats a workaround for us anyway.
After my approach, Avaya has achnowledged the issue with spamming SMTP messages and made it a CQ issues which will be solved in the next main release or maybe in a privat build, if im lucky. thanks for all your replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back