Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6x16 handsfree / speaker issue or question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellphone

Technical User
Oct 29, 2017
US
Hi,

The issue that I am having is when you hang up the receiver to end the call, the speaker turns on so its not ending the call without hitting the RLS button. I did a master system reset to default back to the default settings. I also went in the programming and turned off the hands free option. Am I overlooking a feature to have the phone end the call when you hang up the receiver with out using the RLS button?

Thanks

Make sure your handset cord is plugged into the HANDSET jack and not the headset jack.

Right, I checked and all of my phones and they are plugged in the right jack. So I was thinking that I was overlooked a setting.

You might need to look under Capabilities against the Handsfree as it needs to be enabled as "YES" and I think there is another option for Handsfree answerback etc.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Are you talking about one phone, several or all....must be specific when posting issues.

One or several might indicate a bad spring under the hook switch....tap it hard and quick to see if it releases call.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back