Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6x16 & a start Talk mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyUMASS

Technical User
Mar 28, 2002
US
Hi everyone,
I need someone who can tell me what I have here.
A new customer of mine has had the same 6x16 since 1989 and now wants to upgrade to a voice mail. I best guess is to sell them one of my referb startalk mini's. 2.04 or 2.5. Thing is I can't tell what I have here.
NT # on the software is Sw NT # is NT5B11DA.
NT # on the KSU is NT5B01.
There is another # under the KSU NT# and that is 0403668902.
I looked in programing to try to find the SP# but could not, the software is old to supply that info. When I do a F**266344, there is no password needed and my menus are;
1 lines
2 sets
3 call handling
4restrictions
5 overides

I've gotten 2 opinions on this. One that's It all DR1 and another that it's DR2. I'm open to a 3rd opinion.
Thanks in advance,

Tony A.

BTW, my goal here is to supply them with the correct VM, and not to have to visit the site 3 times with 3 different VM's
Thanks,
Tony A.
Antel Communications
1-866-767-5288
norstar@cox.net

NT,
Any startalk mini will work with any 6X16 DR (though I would'nt want to do it on DR1). The big issue is DS. No DS will drive the customer buggy and their complaints will drive you ragged. Change them out to a 6X16 DR5/DS.

PhM

If it doesn't ask for a password you have DR1. As Arr said you could put a Mini on DR2 or DR5, but the non-DS would cause a lot of hung lines and messages with a lot of "dead air." I would suggest upgrading to either 616 DR5-DS or CICS before putting in a voicemail. Brian Cox
J & J Communications
brian@jandjcommunications.com

Hi all

Just a reminder, you have to change both the software and the KSU to DS, not just the software cartridge.
If you just change the software, when you power up the sets will flash (initialize) till hell freezes over. Up here in Canada this happens 2 or 3 times each winter!

Brett

Thanks to all. You've really helped me with this. Looks like it's upgrade time.
Tony
norstartech
Tony A.
Antel Communications
1-866-767-5288
norstar@cox.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back