Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6424+ on later IPO releases? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mforrence

Vendor
Aug 7, 2004
US
HI all,
I have a site that uses many many 6424+ phones and needs to move to PLDS in order to add SIP trunks. While I know that they are no longer supported, does anyone have solid info regarding the latest release where they still function normally? Thanks

Mike Forrence

@Nutritional_Info - I saw that one, but it was mostly about 5X00 series, and just barely mentioned 6400. I was looking for a bit more focused info. Cheers!

Mike Forrence

R11 and 6408D+ works OK
That is my test phone that I carry around in my trunk.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

do you mean the boot?

Depending on the URI configuration the ICR can be completely ignored.

If your URI is configured to use internal data then the IP Office will look into the user's SIP tab and if you have *'s it will look into ICR.

A madman with a taste for speed.

the 64xx series phone work on R 10.1
I had some issues with button mapping but rebooting the phone fixes the problem.

Seriously, tell the customer that these are end of sale end of support and end of live.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks for all of the responses.
@tlpeter - while I don't disagree with you, it's difficult to convince a customer to trash 70+ working telephones because they want a dozen SIP trunks. If it weren't for the departure of ADI, we'd just add SIP licenses and remain at current release, because it works fine for their needs. And they really like phones with lots of buttons accessible without navigating pages. Cheers + a star, because I respect your input to the forum.

Mike Forrence

Mforrence, you are absolutely right but you still need to tell them.
You could try to quote a new sysem and perhaps you will get a big loyalty discount on the new system and it is cheaper than buying new phones separatly.

Whatever you do they need to know that these phones are old :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back