Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

642-437 - Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Voice over IP and QoS v8.0 (CVOICE v8.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doktor

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2003
DK
Hi All

I have learned that the "642-437 - Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Voice over IP and QoS v8.0 (CVOICE v8.0)" is going to be retired on October 20th, 2015.
I guess that I hopefully will pass the exam before taht date, but - and that is my question - will it be walid as CCNA voice for the next 3 years?

///doktor

It will still be valid, but unless you need it for CCNP, there is no point in taking it. You cant carry it over to Collab.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

I need it to keep the CCNA alive for the next 3 years. Hereafter I will need to study the collab. Would this work out...?

///doktor

Yeah, it will refresh CCNA.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

I passed this "642-437 - Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Voice over IP and QoS v8.0 (CVOICE v8.0)" - just two weeks before the exam was taken out of "production". So what exam can be recommended for next time - to re-new the CCNA Voice? Any hints and suggestions?

///doktor

I dont think there is a way to renew anything on the Voice track since it is dead. Collab is the new track.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

I'll be taking the CCNA Collaboration later this month in order to keep my CCNA Voice valid. You only have to take the 4 day video portion to renew.

"Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back