Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6416d Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

alberton

Technical User
Feb 26, 2003
ES
I have a problem with some 6416d terminals. The softkeys show in the display are labeled as SK1, SK2...instead the real labels.

Anyone knows how solve it?

Thank you

a wild-ass guess: does this extension have those softkeys assigned at all?

if you "disp feat" and find the refresh terminal parameters. We use #9 you then goto any phone and dial "#9" plus the extension number and this will then download the configuration from the switch to the phone.

hope this helps

I have used the refresh feature but the problem goes on. The softkeys are administered with the default values.
I Know it is quite strange but true.

Thanks

Albertón

Just a long shot...are you using headsets. Are the handsets removed from the phone. Do a status station XXXX and look at the "Download Status", if it is "pending", try to physically hangup the phone (push in the craddle button), it can take up to 15 to 20 mins but the status will change to "complete" and your softkeys should display proper labelling.

Have you suffered the same problem before?
When is pending in the Download status it doesn´t change to complete handing up the phone.It remains so for eternal.

I think this has happened to me before. If I remember I TTI'd the station out, and then back in. If you dont have TTI enabled, try X porting and add the port back.

Steve
UTHCT

We just had this issue as well...If you have not solved it as of yet let me know and I will send you instructions.

Robin3000 your help will be appreciatted because I have no idea on how solve it.

Regards

Use the "Refresh Terminal Parameters Access Code:" FEA to force update.
Make sure they are "on-Hook" and then you can refresh the set from another working phone,by entering the FEA+stationnumber.

The refresh FEA was my first thought, but I did not solve the problem.

Thanks in any case.

Alberton

check if the phone is logged on. I have had the problem before. TTI the phone off/on and it should be OK

Are these phones used for agents? if so, 1)does this happen when an agent is logged into the phone? 2) is the problem still there when logged out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back