Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6408D+ Speaker On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev2800

MIS
Dec 6, 2005
US
Each time a call comes in to a 6408D+ phone, it answers to the speaker phone instead of the handset. Comparing the station settings to another phone, all looks OK. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

HFAI?
HFAI = Hands Free Answer on Intercom

go to the phone and press the corresponding softkey up top, just under the LCD screen to disable it.

Thank you PBXTech. I checked the softkey button assignments and do not see HFAI. They have:

1: directory
2: drop
3: int-aut-an
4: timer
5: priority
6: auto-cback
7: abr-prog
8: abr-spchar Char: ~P
9: lwc-store
10: ringer-off
11: btn-view
12: admin

Thank you.

check to see if the 'int-aut-ans' is pressed or if on page 2 of the station form if 'Auto Answer' is set to something other than 'none'.

PBXTech,

Again, thank you for your response. 'Auto Answer' was set to None:. Since the phone was in a remote area, I was unable to see if the 'int-aut-an' was pressed. I removed the 'int-aut-an' from the softkey button assignment. This seemed to do the trick.

Thanks!

I usually go to page 4 and remove all of those features when I install the phones. They usually don't know how to use them anyway and they end up causing trouble.
There are of course exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back