Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

640-901 transcender

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfej

MIS
Mar 13, 2001
US
Just took the 640-901 test and failed! I usually do pretty well on these exams but used the transcender practice tests and I don't think that they were on the mark. A passing score would have been 700, but I only got a 650. I felt so unfamiliar with the material that I am surprised I did as well as I did.

Transcenders used to have a pretty good reputation with the Microsoft exams, but is there something I should know about them concerning the cisco tests?

My ccna expires next week and I still can probably try this test one more time if I can muster up the will! Any advice? /Joel

I used transcender and Boson Tests plus Cisco Press Books. It should be a combo of all the resources you can garner. Transcender is a good study tool but should not be depended on solely.It's got very good explanations of the answers and questions.Boson's a little weak on that part.But combined all of them and you make a very good study resource.

Thanks for the ideas!

And how bout Sybex? /Joel

Hi ,
I'm going to take my BSCi exam on coming 11th . Could anyone please tell me ,how in depth BGP Qests are asked in the exam ?

Thanks in Advance

Partha

I have covered the BGP content in a previous post if you do a search.

In summary understand the terminology, what the protocol does and where it should be used and you cant go far wrong. I seem to remember there was not too many command questions on the 901 exam apart from the simulator.

Regards
Ste

I used transcender for the BSCI exam also and was also disappointed. I don't really think it's transcenders fault though. That exam is just so crammed packed with information that it's just difficult to maintain it all unless you have alot of experience with alot of repetition use. I passed by the skin of my teeth but I felt it was a very challenging exam.

SpudNuts(ITC), USN(Ret), CCNA, CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back