Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

640-901 - Passing Score/Sims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCBlender

Technical User
Jun 18, 2003
US
What's the passing score for the 640-901 test, I've seen a variety of answers.
Also, is it absolutely true that there will be Sims for this test? And I do mean like the HyperTerminal sims.
And finally, does this test have "type in the command" kind of questions, and if so, do they still have that list of commands you can draw from and choose, or do you just have to remember 'em outright?

Thank you for any help,
RCB

The old score was 691 on the 640-503 (CCNP Routing), I got 918. I believe the current passing score is 706 on this exam. There are simulations involved, and you can select the needed commands (if you have to configure say OSPF, IS-IS, or BGP) from a drop down list. I took the older exam, so there were no simulations, though the 640-605 (Remote Access) does have a simulation where you have to configure PPP w/CHAP, ISDN, Frame Relay, or X.25.

If you look at cisco's objectives, you will know what you are up against. A classmate of mine failed the exam by a single point (he said that IS-IS just kicked his a**).

Thanks for the input.
Yeah, I've been constantly going over the Objectives that Cisco lists to be sure I focus on the right points (I hope!). The sims scare me the most, though, cause I got confused a bit with the wording in one of my CCNA Simulations (passed that test anyways, though).

And since you brought it up, what's the passing score for Remote Access?

Thanks again,
RCB

Yes there are Sims, and no you dont have a list of commands to choose from.

You may be asked to configure OSPF on a router for example.

Rgds

Ste

That's interesting, as I had to configure FR for the Remote Access exams, and it did give you a list of commands to choose from (you only had to configure one side, btw), but perhaps it is different on the BSCI. I can't imagine that cisco would make you memorize every possible configuration imaginable (unless it's a very basic config).

As I recall, the remote access passing score was 706, but I took it a while ago, so this might not be correct now. I do know that Switching is 776 and so is troubleshooting (776)

HI ,
I'm going to take my BSCI exam on 11th . I'm a bit scared about it .
I'm confident on OSPF ,IS-IS ,EIGRP and BGP . But weak in the last chapter i.e. implementing in scalable networks .
I don't have any practical exp. Could anyone pls focus ,what should I follow now ? I'm thru with Ciscopress BSCN book with suppl IS-IS .

Thanks in advance .

Partha

I took the BSCI a month or so ago, the passing score was 700. I did have sims, I did have drag and drop and I did have a list of commands to choose from (On two questions). I thought the test was the hardest of the certs that I've taken, I left the testing site brain dead. Seems (although the memory is very faint) that I recall leaving and feeling like I had just experienced a thermal nuclear cranal meltdown. But......at least I passed.

SpudNuts(ITC), USN(Ret), CCNA, CST

Thanks SpudNuts , Anyway I have to take the exam . I have already booked it . I;m thru with Sims and drag and drops . I saw some xamples of chosing commands among 100 Qs too . I'm going thru the BSCN book for the last 3 months to make sure my passing . Let's see what happense . I'll let you know after I take the exam ...

Thanks and regards
Partha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back