Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

640-606 support exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndog4ever

MIS
Feb 6, 2002
US
I have passed the other 3 CCNP tests and will be taking my last one this Friday, the support exam. Just curious what to expect and how it rates on the difficulty level of the other exams. Thanks.

It's a fairly broad exam, expect to see questions on Novell, Token-Ring, Windows, and several other goodies. The passing score is 776, the cisco internetwork troubleshooting book is good prep for this exam, along with doing some stuff with Novell Networks, and windows networks.

You might be better off taking the new Support exam, as the current 606 exam will expire inside of 2 weeks (sept 7, is the last day to register).

I'm in the same situation as you ndog4ever....only have support exam left to take. Have it scheduled for early October, trying to finish up while the older exam is still valid. I'm expecting it to be fairly comprehensive, not quite as difficult as the routing exam, but more similar in difficulty to the switching and remote access.

I took the support exam about a month ago.

Out of the four CCNP 640 exams I believe that two had been updated by Cisco (BSCI and BCRAN) and these were definitely the trickiest. The switching and support exams were very straight forward.

If you have passed the other three exams and understand the material you shouldn't have any worries with the old soon to be retired support exam. I seem to remember there were very few, if any command questions. A couple of basic token ring, a couple of Novell/IPX questions (encapsulation types) and no Appletalk.

Go for it. The worst that can happen is that you fail but at least you will have time to reregister if your quick.

Good Luck

Ste

I passed on the 22nd and I am now CCNP certified. Does anyone now when the next CCDA book will be published by Cisco? Thaks for all the help, I actually did really well on the test.

Congrats!! Its a good feeling aint it. Makes all the effort worthwhile.

I looked on Amazon a while ago and I seem to think it is sometime in September.

I am in the US on holiday in Late Sept so I was going to get one while I was over there. A lot cheaper than Rip off Britain. I normally buy from Amazon.com anyway as opposed to .co.uk. Its still cheaper even with shipping from US.

If anyone can recommend a CCDA book please do so.

Cheers

Ste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back