Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

61C to Cisco 2821 via PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

robust57

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2005
US
We have an option 61 that is connected to a Cisco 2821 via a PRI. I've hit a road block with the dial plan. What I would like to happen is for someone to dial x8500 and ring through to the Cisco dial-peer. Below is what I have programmed currently, just need some guidance on being able to get a call to go over the PRI to the Cisco, clueless.

I've tried dialing the ACOD for the route and then entering 8500 but I get a fast busy with a ERR404 showing on the terminal (no default tree).

Do I need to build the DN's as DSC (saw this in another thread)? If so how?

Thanks in advance!

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 2
DES CISCO
TKTP DID
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
VTRK NO
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC NI2
CBCR NO
NCOS 0
SBN NO
PNI 00000
NCNA YES
NCRD NO
CHTY BCH
CPFXS YES
CPUB OFF
DAPC NO
BCOT 0
INTC NO
DSEL VOD
PTYP PRI
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
DCDR NO
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 6003
TCPP NO
PII NO
TARG 01
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC NO
DCNO 0 *
NDNO 0
DEXT NO
ICIS YES
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3
NBS 2048
NBL 4096
IENB 5
VSS 0
VGD 6
DRNG NO
CDR NO
VRAT NO
MUS NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
TDET NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

DES CISCO
TN 007 23
TYPE DID
CDEN SD
CUST 0
TRK PRI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 0
RTMB 2 23
B-CHANNEL SIGNALING
NITE
STRI/STRO OWK OWK
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DIP WTA LPR APN THFD HKD
P10 VNL
TKID
DATE 6 NOV 2009

RLI 2
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 2
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 2
DMI 0
FCI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO
ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 0
OVLL 0

Can't build as "DID" will not work. Tie is the only way. Dial plan is CDP ld 87.

Ive set this up a several times over the past few years and the best way is using QSIG. Check the 61 for the software package.

SSJ can you elborate as to why it won't work.

I built a cdp and I can get calls to go to the gateway now. However they aren't ending up at the session target (Crisco) without additional digits being entered.

there is no reason you can not call the Cisco while programmed as NI2 DID. The problem with DID is if you wanted to make a call from Cisco to switch and then tanden to CO.

QSIG is the recommended method - then route could be built as Tie. See link below for documentation as QSIG

So then what is problem now? Are channels idle? can you turn on DCH messages and send us a capture?

Calls from the out side into Nortel will not route to the Cisco and same from the Cisco through Nortel to the out side world. Program as Tie, under IFC=QSIG or S100. S100 is Nortel protocal like SL1, I have done alot of Nortel tie to Cisco as TIE IFC=S100.

Okay so I built the route/trunks as TIE with QSIG. I am unable to dial dsc number of 8500, fast busy, so the call isn't even reaching the TIE route. Below is how its currently built. Anyone know what I might have wrong. Thanks for the all this tips so far.

DES CISCO
TN 007 01
TYPE TIE
CDEN SD
CUST 0
TRK PRI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 2
RTMB 2 1
B-CHANNEL SIGNALING
TGAR 1
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN WTA LPR APN THFD HKD
P10 VNL
TKID
DATE 10 DEC 2009

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 2
DES CISCO
TKTP TIE
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
ESN NO
CNVT NO
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
VTRK NO
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC ISGF
SBN NO
PNI 00001
NCNA NO
NCRD NO
CHTY BCH
CTYP UKWN
INAC NO
ISAR NO
CPFXS YES
DAPC NO
INTC NO
DSEL 3VCE
PTYP PRI
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
DCDR NO
ICOG IAO
SRCH RRB
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 6003
TCPP NO
TARG
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC NO
DCNO 0 *
NDNO 0
DEXT NO
ANTK
SIGO STD
ICIS YES
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
GRD 896
SFB 3
NBS 2048
NBL 4096
IENB 5
TFD 0
VSS 0
VGD 6
DRNG NO
CDR NO
VRAT NO
MUS NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
CBQ NO
AUTH NO
TDET NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
PLEV 2
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

DSC 8500
RLI 2
NPA
NXX

RLI 2
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 2
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 0
DMI 0
FCI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO
ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 0
OVLL 0

I setup a QSIG TIE between a Cisco and Nortel PBX a few years ago. I setup all the digits that were being sent over the TIE as CDP. I don't recall all of the DCH RCAP settings, but they were the basic QSIG settings like QMWI if you also want to use the Call Pilot for the Cisco phones.

If you search the posts on here that were done by johnpoole he has a working config that I used. Another thing I discovered is if you want to be able to page over the Nortel or pick up parked calls you have to get a little tricky.

Build a few single line ports on the Nortel side and terminate them into the FXO ports of the Cisco router. Then you build them in the Call Manager as a analog trunk route and in your route mask programming associte the Nortel paging/park DN range with that trunk group.

I am able to make calls from the SIP server to Nortel phone and over the PSTN connected to the Nortel. Just can't get a Nortel to call to the SIP server at x8500.

is your DChannel up and channels idle?

do you get any messages on DCH?

Is Targ enabled in switch? ld 86/prt/esn

is your CDP pointed to correct RLI?

could also be corrupt RLI or CDP - try programing a new RLI with a different CDP pointed to it.

Much improvement today, Cisco box needed some help as well.

I am now able to dial internally from deskphone -> SIP server, SIP server -> deskphone, SIP server -> External number. But I am not able to dial from the outside into the SIP server, the operator intercepts the call.

I am guessing I have a NCOS/FRL issue.

PSTN trunks have NCOS value of 0, TIE to Cisco trunks have NCOS value of 2. The RLI used for the CDP has an FRL of 2.

NCOS 0=FRL 0
NCOS 2=FRL 2

Is my thinking correct here?

your NCOS on the QSIG trunks needs to be equal or geater that the FRL requirments for call being made outside the switch.

If you are dialing 1408 from SIP Server, check to see what RLI is assigned 1408 and what FLR is assigned RLI. Assuming your FRL to NCOS map is the same(ld 87 prt NCTL), then your QSIG trunks NCOS need to be equal to or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back