Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

616 Line Ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriscaton

Vendor
Dec 11, 2002
US
Norstar Tech by trade, have manual for 616 but it does not reference 7730 phones.

System is KA-616
Phones are KX-T7730

one single phone which was not programmed to ring on outside lines suddenly started ringing on every call.

Is there a particular someone may have pressed to actuate this?

I am going there tomorrow to look at Flexible ringing but thought maybe.

Flexible ringing for this looks like either
Program * # 1234 09
or
Program * # 1234 603

Am i Close here?

Thanks

yes flexible day/night ringing for that jack codes vary from country to country but if its a kx-t 616 pgm codes are 2 digits and you throw the switch under the door and program from jack 1.

ahhh, switch is on the KSU.... I was looking on the phone - i think the older phones had a switch on them...

Anyway the client could have activated some kind of ringing code to have made this happen?

Thanks

It maybe the newer 616 which you don't have a switch on ksu. Does the ksu open fully at the front or just a panel on top. Check the system is not in night mode

The door is the full size that opens.

since the only issue they are having is that one phone suddenly started ringing on outside calls where it should not (no other issues reported), I am more inclined to think they did something in error (like night mode).

can night mode be initiated from any phone or is it specific to a particular phone? Is there a visual indication anywhere that it is night mode?

I see the programming codes for ringing are:
05 Day/night mode auto/man
06 Day/night start time
07 Out dialing plan
08 out dialing night
09 Ringing Day
10 Ringing Night

here is where i am unclear about what to do:
If it is a night mode issue,what is the likely code to get it back to day mode?

Or then, I could look at the ringing assignments for day and night, which i think will be programmed correctly.

the extension in question is 21.

thx

yes get a list of program codes for your country and look at day / night ringing
you have never said were you are or what
the actual system is .......! yes it could have been kicked in night mode if there is a soft key programmed for night 21 I think is the console in euro zone over here is
11 .....!!!!

The 61610 only has two ringing patterns, day and night. Make them identical and no matter what the customer does, the ring pattern will not change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back