Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

616 Caller ID interface pinout

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilcomm

Technical User
Feb 15, 2003
US
Does any one know th pinout for the 616 caller ID interface?
I inherited a client that has an old 616 with Disconnect supervision. I believe that GTE (VERIZON) installed the system about 10 yrs ago. anyway they have a caller ID interface that is currently working on the first 2 lines of the system and a third line was added about 5 years ago but was not connected to the caller id interface. Does any know the pinout for the caller ID interface? I am told that the one interface will do all 6 lines on the system if needed but am unsure if the pinout on the 25 pair connector follows the nortel trunk card pinouts or a different pinout. any info would be helpful.
thanks

The pinout is straight with no skips. Wire your 3rd line just like the first 2, but use the 3rd pair. You will then need to go into programming to tell the system that line 3 is also caller ID, unless that has already been done.

MarvO said it

Thanks I will try that next time I am there

What little info I have on this is here: faq799-3925

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back