Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6140 Wireless Handset: Service not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jreadlock

Technical User
Feb 7, 2005
US
After just spending hours on a previous 6140 issue (which ultimately was an operator error) I now have a new issue with one of my 6140 wireless handsets. The screen is showing 'service unavailable' and I am unable to receive calls on it. However, I am ABLE to MAKE calls. I have disabled/reenabled the unit and D/E'd the the card it's on as well but with no luck. Obviously I can't chalk this one up to operator error...

Thoughts/ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help!

- J

If you can make calls but not recieve them then your set will probably be registered in the wrong place.

E.G. Say it is a branch office user and due to BUID/MOTN being incorrect it is in local mode, out going calls would be fine but all in comming calls would be routed to the Main Office as the MO is in service. The person calling would hear ring tone but the phone itself would not ring.

Unfortunately, it is a standalone system. Also, when the call comes in, there is a hiss/static sound although it doesn't sound off in time with a ring cycle (does that make sense?). I get the feeling that this is somehow related to it's "connection" with the WAP or something regarding the fact that it's wireless (again, I hope that makes sense!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back