Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6 Party Conference Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbcc1

Technical User
Apr 7, 2005
US
When adding people to a conference call and you get someone's voicemail is there a way to terminate that call without bringing it into the conference? When I hit the flash key it brings in the voicemail greeting into the call and we can't get rid of it.

On a multi-line phone, press the Goodbye/Release key, then press the flashing DN key to reconnect to the remaining parties.

rls works pretty good.. i just tested it from my 3904, adding the 3rd party, dn fdn'ed to mail, rls then pick the conf back up

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

hit the flash key" indicates that pbcc1's people are using analog(ue) phones.

The best way is to set the conference up on a digital phone and include the analog line. You have much more control on a digital set.

Just want to add that this thread helped me.

We are using Wireless Polycoms on CS1000M and I got the question on how to release an added conference party if it helps vmail. One of those weird question you get.

Anyhow, dialing of 83 works just fine on our system that supports 6 party calling.

Thanks guys!

I mean if it hits voicemail and not helps vmail :)

Mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back