Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6 DIGIT DIALING

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelrob

Technical User
Jul 20, 2007
US
I have a question posed to me about making rollover exts.6 digit and leaving the PDN as 4 digit. Can anyone tell me where to look for this in the PBX what maybe needed to make this happen.

you have to look at your spare dn's and make sure you have enough that will not over lap with your 4 digit extensions and then you will also have to worry about dial times as the pbx will be delaying after it gets the 4 digits waiting for the additonal 2.

YOU WILL NEED PACKAGE 150

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

so if package 150 is there the customer can start programming 6 digit extensions or is the software changes necessary?

There will be no delay in the call. Package 150 is for DN Expansion and allows you to go over 4 digits. For example your primary DN would be 4000 and make the rollover 624000 or any unused range. It will work fine with no issues.

If package 150 is in there then just start programming. If it's not in there it will tell you that you cant do it.

KCFLHTK is correct.

That is exactly how all my phones are currently set-up.

Our phones all have a PDN and 2 rollovers. The first rollover is 12xxxx, and the second rollover is 13xxxx.

one thing that I do is make the rollover match whatever 7 digit DID# is assigned to the customer........so, key 0 could be 2000 and if the prefix for the did is 222, then I program key 1 as 2222000.....seems to make sense to people when they see that as their rollover number versus a "strange" 6 digit number.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back