Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6.0 xc to 6.1 xc upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dublynr

Vendor
Oct 26, 2002
does anybody know if na mics 6.0 xc can be upgraded to cda 6.1 xc without losing programming. according to a nortel distributer they say mics 6.1 xc cda is exactly the same as na 6.1 xc and nortel are only producing cda 6.1 xc.
i would hate to try and replace the pmcia card into the same nvram cartridge and lose programming. the software label on the box says xc 6.1 mics with no reference to cda or na mics.

thanks

Yes, MICS 6.0xc to MICS 6.1xc is one of the few revisions where you can just power the system down, replace the flash card, and keep on going.

It's a good policy to have a backup before doing any upgrades.

Are you guys sure about this, notice he wants to go from 6.0 XC NA to 6.0 XC CDA not just 6.0 DR to 6.0 XC. I heard in other software revisions specifically 5.0 you cannot go from North American to Canadian or vice versa without losing all system programming. I'd like to know the answer on this.

Louie Roldan

You cant upgrade from USA to CDA or vise versa you will loose the programming,However all feature are the same .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back