Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6.0 software and Call pilot 100 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greebs

Technical User
Jan 15, 2018
US
I have some questions regarding an MICS with Call Pilot 100 voice mail. The system right now is set up for the AA to pick up on 0 rings and CCR tree for transfer options. All sets have lines to appear only. Lines are analog.
The customer wants caller id so the trunk cards will be upgraded to allow for this once the carrier makes the change.
I know I will have to change the rings to 2 from 0 to allow the caller id info to pass. All sets and lines will also be programmed for caller id.
My question is will the call pilot transfer the info to the extension with out pressing Feature 811?
None of the extensions have lines ringing, just appearences. Will a 2nd call to the same phone display the caller id while user is on the first call?
The Call Pilot needs to be set up to transfer to an outside line when option 8 is pressed in the first sub menu. The 8 digit is not being used for anything and there's only 6 levels on the CCR tree.
Does one have to wait until the CCR menu gives the option to press 8 to transfer out or can 8 be pressed as soon as the company greeting comes on?
It's been awhile since I've worked on Norstar and the memory is not what it used to be.
Thank you

Voice Mails will indeed transfer the CLID.

I do not recall a 2nd call giving CLID while already on a call....maybe PRI but wait for others to answer.

You can press any option at any time during the main greeting.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Yes you can press any CCR option before it tells you to press it.
I have a Norstar at home with 2 lines and I get a second CLID while on a call for a couple seconds but I have appear and ring and no AA.

So if a caller is on the phone and a 2nd call comes in, caller ID will show for a couple of seconds? These phones have 6 lines assigned to Appear only. The call will only ring if that extension is selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back