Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6.0.14 it's my second bug discovered?????? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlelily

Technical User
Aug 26, 2010
IT
Hello all,
yesterday my colleague tried to release to a customer of us faulty 6.0.14 release with a brand new configuration, just to avoid some bugs we discovered on our skin.
We threw away Automated attendant, like to have an old 200 euros pbx you know, use announce on two ring groups (day and night), overflow on main group and normal call flow.

Our customer suddenly showed the final bug for me.

He cannot tranfer the external call to another internal user, which is a normal feature in pbx.

Only with help of monitor and some trials in our office, we tried to change what we normally leaved unchanged: in system/telephony tranfer/forward external call inhibit UNFLAGGED.

Normally if our customer doesn't ask this, we don't permit tranfer to external party and this is the default setting.

The question is: have to give up Avaya???????????

I wouldn't pay it, especially as they have just got rid of some of their best guys ;-)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Ok Hibroth, I'm happy you too have the same problem.
I thought I had an hallucination :)
I used only half an hour for supporting my colleague, setting up a test machine and finding myself what I told in my first post.
My Boss won't pay my time during bug solving: I mean it's not my job finding bugs, Avaya staff is qualified and well paid.
Me not :-(
So since that day I have a customer with this plaster; no other action with support, because I'm a little shocked.

Now had another question: Sometimes ago I developed a project with an integration beetween an IP video intercom and Avaya IP Office: Is there anyone who has implemented anything like that?

If it helps at all it is indeed a bug. Or at least it works one way in 6.0.8 and does not work in 6.0.14.

Kyle Holladay
ACSS SME Communications
ACE Implement: IP Office
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back