Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5624 Not connecting to WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete825

Technical User
Aug 2, 2012
GB
Hi All,

I have a couple of Mitel 5624s that no longer connect to the wifi after a firmware upgrade to the access points. I ran a WiFi scanner and got all the correct authentication methods for the network and have used the usb base to program the phones still with no joy. I have put the phones into survey mode and they can see the network I'm trying to connect to but they will just not connect. I want to try and capture a PCAP so i can see what is going on, the phone does not have an IP so I can do a RPCAP. Looking through the phone it looks like there is an option for PCAP over USB, has anyone ever done this as I can seem to find out how to do the capture.

They are probably defaulting to a newer revision WIFI and need to be set to the older, existing one. Just a hunch, and sorry that I don't know how to do this. Someone else please add. Thanks....................

Always look out for the next tech. because one day it will be you!

Is there a firmware upgrade for the 5624's that may help?

I should have put I'm on the latest firmware and using the latest version of PDM.

After a bit of trial and error I figure it out. The handsets had been set to World global 802.11 and after I changed this to ETSI the handsets reconnected.

Thanks for your replys

Thanks for posting the resolution Pete825. I had a new installation and the handsets would not connect to the network, but your solution of using ETSI cured the fault - Top Man!

All I ever wanted to do was climb telephone poles - where did it all go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back