Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5610SW IP Phone Static IP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbinns

Technical User
Sep 30, 2007
US
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to set a static IP address on a Avaya 5610SW IP Phone? It's currently using DHCP and I want to make it static. I couldn't find anything in the phone manual on changing it.
Thanks for any assitance!

Why use a static IP?
Might spare you a lot of time if you tell why.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Indeed why?
Press the hold button and type: 2337 and press #
then set your ipadresses

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Well I'm having some DHCP issues, conflicts with another DHCP server I'm adding to my network for a WLAN. I'm working on some other work-arounds but I was curious if it came down to it how hard it was to program these phones with a static ip. I only have a small number of phones but in the end I'll try to get DHCP worked out.
I tested your recommendations on one of the phones and was successfully able to program a static IP. Now let me ask you this, how do I set it back to DHCP? :)

Thanks!

just set values (ip address, router, subnet, ) back to 0.0.0.0

I like the BEER :)

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back