Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5610 with VPN Remote, no DHCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneGuyNJ

Technical User
Dec 7, 2004
US
I am trying to upgrade a 5610SW with VPNRemote, and it never gets past the DHCP. All documentation says to use the same VPN Remote software as the 46XX Series..

To make sure my PC was OK to upgrade, I took a 4610 and upgraded that, and bam, it went right away...

Seems the 5610 phones are not happy with the software. Anyone have this issue?

Yes you do need a vpn router at the ipo side
That is where the vpn phone connect's to

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

OK... Got the bosses interested in this... Do I need a license on the IPO? I have an IP500. Gonna upgrade the software soon to 4.2.(17) (I think that's the version)
If so, what is the license specifically?
Then, can I set up a separate TFTP server to load the
software to only the phones I want to put the VPN software
into?
Finally, we have I believe a Cisco Firewall/Router that
has VPN software in it... I can't remember the name,
like ACA or something like that... Where do I find the list of the routers that Avaya likes? Do I just point the VPN
to the IPO's internal call server address? What about the phone's TFTP server address? The normal one, or the one
used to install the software? Or do I have my head wrapped
around this all wrong?

Thanks,
-Jon

Just contact a business partner in your area and they can give you all the information you need

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Our "Partner" didn't even know how to do SIP trunking, and that's why we bought the system.... I figured that out, if I can get our VPN ready, that will be a step in the right direction. I thought someone had posted a list of gear that Avaya liked? We have a Cisco ASA 5520 appliance that will probably do the trick.
It can't be rocket science to get this hooked up...

-Jon

maybe your business partner is actually only a reseller, where are you located, maybe I can find a real business partner for you in your area.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

@Bivman

I advise you to upgrade to 5.0.8
You need a Teleworker license:
Tele Worker

This User Profile is targeted at users who are working from home (or elsewhere) with Internet connection to the office. In conjunction with an Avaya IP Phone (5610, 5621), they are provided with functions enabling them to be a user of the Head Office system, either through the built-in VPN capability of their IP Phone or the ability to leverage the PSTN/ISDN via Telecommuter mode, without incurring any remote phone charges.

The Tele Worker license enables a user to use the VPN phone, Phone Manager Pro and one-X Portal for IP Office. The license instances are consumed for each user being configured.

• Tele Worker License - 1 User: IPO LIC TELE WORKER RFA 1 (227047)

• Tele Worker License - 5 Users: IPO LIC TELEWORKER RFA 5 (227054)

• Tele Worker License - 20 Users: IPO LIC TELEWORKER RFA 20 (227057)

Do a google search for programming examples with Cisco:

Read the online documentation from Avaya:
in detail:

good luck

THANK YOU kind sir! (I assume sir, smack me if not!)

I'll check it out!

-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back