Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5610 IP installation problem HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSTECH

Vendor
May 9, 2008
US
Trying to install a 5610 Ip phone to IP 403 3.1.56 (old yes). The phone is at remote location.. There is VPn connection set up and data works on the VPN.. the problem I have is it is stuck in Discover 192.XXX.XXX.XXX.When I 1st took phone out of box and programmed it I got it to work.. The problem started after I programed the file server address in phone to upgrade it.. After it upgraded then rebooted it can';t find the IPO... Tried clearing phone.. rebooting IPO nothing works..

I can ping the IPO from the remote site
monitor does not seem to show and activity from the phone when booting up.. however the TFTP loog shows it send files..

I am a loss..

any help is appreciated

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Static does not work either.. Still boots to discover

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Clearing a Phone
Clearing a phone removes all data values including settings such as the DHCP and file server addresses. This returns the
phone to almost its original out-of-box state. The phone will still retain the firmware files it has downloaded.
1.While the phone is on-hook and idle, press the following sequence: MUTE 2 5 3 2 7 # (MUTE C L E A R #).
Clear all values? is displayed.
2.To cancel this procedure press *. To continue press #.
· WARNING
As soon as you press #, all static information will be erased without any possibility of recovering the data.
3.Whilst the system values are reset to their defaults, Clearing values is displayed.
4.Once all values are cleared, the phone will restart as if a new phone.

clear the phone and start over.

It's the VPN/Network you need to look at not the handset or IP office (unless you haven't added the approprite IP route in).

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Sounds like your dhcp server is serving up the wrong gateway address.

Take a look at these two:

Discover aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd CAUSE: The 46xx telephone is attempting to discover (and register with) the gatekeeper at IP Address aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd.
RESOLUTION: If this message appears for more than a few seconds, especially if the IP Address keeps changing, the telephone is unable to contact the gatekeeper. Have the LAN Administrator verify network connectivity between the telephone and the gatekeeper. Alternately, revise the gatekeeper addresses in the DHCP/TFTP files in accordance with the 4600 Series IP Telephone LAN Administrator Guide to point to different gatekeepers.

Discovering... CAUSE: The 46xx telephone is attempting to find a DHCP server.
RESOLUTION: If this message appears for more than a few seconds, verify with the LAN Administrator that a DHCP server is appropriately administered on the network. If there is not supposed to be a DHCP server, you must “break into” the Discovering process and use static addressing. See Static Addressing Installation. To break into the Discovering process, press the # button, and when you see the “100Mbs” or “10Mbs” message, quickly press the * (asterisk) button.

The Clear did not make difference..

Car ski I think you maybe onto something but the question I have to ask is what are thry referring to as the gatekeeper???

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Call Server

In CM you can have a list of gatekeepers to register against. Usually clan boards. In IPO the gatekeeper address is the address of the IPO.

gatekeeps are set correctly

ACS- IPOffice Implement

>did you load the VPN software to the phone?

then it would be broken....

VPN phone isn't a feature at 3.1.56

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I understood this case to be simply IP phone to vpn router to site and NOT VPN phone to site.

Did the phone get two files ?

Maybe it is looking for the second and it can not ?

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

This is Not a VPN phone.. It is behind a VPN..

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Check firewall are allowing ports 1719/1720. Sometimes IT guys don't open up all ports on VPN's.

When the phone is plugged in discovering. Can you PING it? never tried pinging a phone in that state but could be worth a go. try from local and remote.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

yes I can ping the phone and the IPO..
I had one of our guys go to main site and try an ip phone there and that worked... So I am definetly thinking it is something with phone or VPN to remote location..

Going to bring phone back to my office and try it...

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Do you perhaps connect the phone to a Dlink router or switch ?

I had problems in the past with upgrading phone on those
After the first part the phone stopt working

RTFM.gif

tlpeter

What helpt it to start working when it stopt in your case?

It is connected to a Sonic Wall.. But what did u have to do to get it to work?

ACS- IPOffice Implement

tlpeter

What helpt it to start working when it stopt in your case?
Connect it to my laptop with a cross cable and upgraded it

After that it worked

The upgrade did not went well but if i connected it to a normal situation (without the Dlink) it worked
After the upgrade it worked well with the Dlink

It was pure an upgrade problem

RTFM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back