Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5550 Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

zodiacgam

Technical User
Jun 23, 2009
GM
I have seen hotels using mitel 3300 with PMS without a 5550 console. Is the 5550 been replaced with all its features by these 5540/1000 consoles or do they co-exist. If they do then who handles the calls , the 5550 or the 5540/1000. How does the mitel 3300 interfaces to the PMS and sends call details without the 5550 console

==>How does the mitel 3300 interfaces to the PMS and sends call details without the 5550 console

There are many devices that can convert the IP streaming data to RS232 serial. I most commonly use the Precidia iPocket.

Additionally, the PMS vendors are getting to the point that they now can collect data over IP directly.

I've never used a console for an interface. the 5550 does not have an interface port regardless. Maybe you meant the SC-1000?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

You can use the RS232 port on the PC that runs the 5550 software (if it has one) for serial PMS link. However, I havent done this for a long time now, since I found the RS232 to IP converters. +1 for Precidia's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back