Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5550 Console Voice Mail Key Dialling Wrong Number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich14

Technical User
Nov 17, 2008
GB
3300 MCD 4.1 SP2

I have 2 customers with similar problems, can anyone think of a work around please or am I missing something.

Incomimg calls are presented to DN 400 which is a programmed key on a 5550.
The attendant answers and puts the call to an extension which is either busy or no answer, the attendant then offers the incoming caller the option to leave a message.
Attendant press's voice mail key, this dials the voice mail system, enters * then then dialls 400. (no mailbox on 400, gets a message back to this effect and then the attendant has to dial correct mail box and put the call through.)
How do I stop the 400 from being dialled automatically.

Not sure if I understand correctly.

How is 400 being dialed? If it is the receptionist dialing 400, then get her to stop. If it is an automatically dialing 400 when the voicemail key is pressed, then you can change that. Within the 5550 console software, click 'tools', then 'options', then click on the voicemail option and change the field there to just dial the voicemail DN.

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

Can you try and dial the voicemail pilot number first then * then the extension number. Does this work?
400 should not need to dialled as this is the key being called on the console and not the mailbox you want the caller to leave a message in.

The voicemail key on the 5550 is as paterson has said is programmed in tools > options > voicemail check that it is programmed with just the voicemail Pilot number only.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

The attendant is not dialing 400 the system appears to be inserting this by itself.
I have checked the console settings and the correct number is programmed for the voive mail.
If an internal extension calls and asks the attendant to be put through to someones vmail to leave a message it works correctly, (only 600(vmail DN) then * is dialled) by pressing the Voice Mail Key. The attendant then keys the required Mail Box and puts the call through.

I saw a similar issue way back in release 8 where the voicemail key was retaining the called key/stn information.

I have no memory of the resolution unfortunately. My suggestion would be to remove as many COS options as you can and still have a functional console. See if this removes the issue and then reintroduce the options while testing.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back