Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5550 console menu bar does not exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinroc

Programmer
Apr 21, 2010
AU
I have installed the 5550 IP Console Application (3.1.1.10) on a Windows 7 pro box and 99% of it works just fine. The only thing that doesn't work, of all things, is that the Menu bar is nonexistent so I can't build BLF list. Controller's software version is 7.1. I tried running in XP compatibility mode, still menu bar does not exist. Does anyone know if there is an update available for the software?

Yes there are updates but the 5550 software and the controller software are paired. You are supposed to have matching versions.

I'm not sure what would happen if you upgraded the 5550 console without upgrading the cosole.

I am certain you would have issues as there have been significant changes to the 5550 since rel 7

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

we had this issue, we searched for "fixes" for days unsuccessfully. ended up upgrading to what was the latest 3300 release MCD4.1 sp2- we then installed the corresponding 5550 software and this resolved the issue

can anyone tell me the procedure to upgrade to rel4.1. I think its 7.1 to 8.x then to 9.x then to 10.X and then to 4.1. Is it correct? or something else?

Controller type and Memory size please?

@KWBmitel: Controller is CXi and I am not sure where to find the memory size, but if its under the System hardware compute cards and in that one option says memory size is 268435456. Is it the memory size you are asking?

@dryaquaman: I tried running the application under administrative right but still its not working. I tried running it compatibility modes such as vistaSP1, Vista SP2, XP. But still its the same.

You need 512 RAM upgrade
You can upgrade from 7.1 to 4.0
Then convert to GDM and then upgrade to either 4.1 or 4.2

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Stressing the "You need 512 RAM Upgrade" from Supernova's response above.

Also - You must have current Software Assurance on the Mitel AMC
Also of note: You will need to upgrade NSU nodes DB's with IMAT if they exist.

@KWBmite: I havent got NSU connected to system, so I dont need to worrie about that.

@Supernova: Can I straight away upgrade system to 4.0? or Do I need to first upgrade it to 9.0 and then to 4.0 and then to 4.1 or 4.2?

Straight to 4.0 allowed from 7.0.

Use Upgrade or Full install from Software installer tool.

@kwbmitel: do we need upgrade license? Cause i know that after 4.0 its free to upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2. But i am not sure from 7 to 4.0.

as kwbmitel has already stressed you will need software assurance enabled to upgrade

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

To review:

You need 512 RAM upgrade
You must have current Software Assurance on the Mitel AMC
You can upgrade from 7.1 to 4.0
Then convert to GDM and then upgrade to either 4.1 or 4.2

I think I should also mention that you should have some experience with all of these things or pay someone who does. That's not to say that it's overly complicated but anyone can do this if things go according to plan. I earn my pay when things go wrong.

One thing I would have on hand for example is a spare hard drive complete with the knowledge on how to recover from a complete disaster of an upgrade.

@KWBmitel: Thanks for quick response. I think that way as well. We are going to do that, cause I tried once before and I was stuck in the process. Anyway I need to learn one day how to do upgrade perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back