Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5540 Main DL Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtcheap

Technical User
Oct 26, 2004
US
Just got a new console from Mitel to replace one on an SX-200 AX. Shows a "Main DL Error" and resets. Mitel KMS is no help. Anyone here dealt with this? Or has Mitel made the stupid decision that new equipment won't work with the SX-200 anymore?!

think thats a bit hard on mitel
thread1329-1455277

indicated that sx2000 was end of sale end of support in 2015 - 7 years ago

anyone still using a pabx thats that far behind being supported is asking for trouble

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

I didn't say SX-2000, I said SX-200 AX. It was purchased new just 3 years ago. The end of sale was just a year ago. The end of support isn't supposed to be until 2024.

Be sure that you have deleted the old console, then program the new one. References to the old console's MAC will cuse the system to fail to download because the old console's MAC is still being referenced.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

sorry , only started on mitel in 2008 with 3300 anything sx related is foreign to me .

did you try factory reset ? , perhaps its getting dl error because its trying to get firmware update from wrong address

To Restore Factory Default Settings
1. Press both Volume Up and Volume Down Arrow keys simultaneously while powering up the console. NETWORK PARAMETERS? appears.
2. Press NO until TOOLS & FEATURES appears and then press YES.
3. Press NO until RESTORE DEFAULTS? appears and then press YES.
4. Press CONFIRM. The console will reset with default settings.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

We just ran into the same issue. Was told by Mitel tech support that we have to call in with full system access. They will take control of PC and apply a patch to the 200 AX.

I ran into something similar when trying to connect phones to a 200ICP. I had to downgrade the fireware using a local tftp server before they would work

The SX-200 ICP MD announcement goes back WELL over a year ago. What Mitel enforced a year ago was the "End of New Sales as of July 31, 2021." That quote comes from the updated MD announcement. This means Mitel stopped permitting new system sales as of July 31, 2021. The SX-200 ICP MD announcement was announced several years before that. I recall Mitel informing us in 2008 that the SX-200 ICP would be MD'd. The SX-200 ICP MD announcement has been the longest MD announcement in history (literally).

Many disliked the SX-200 and SX-200 ICP. I tended to like it. Real Canadian telecom engineering. As for the ICP variant of the SX-200 family, the SX-200 ICP was one of the smartest IP ("hybrid" if you want) integrated communications platforms (ICP) ever conceived. Just needed SIP station and SIP trunking added to it and it would have been perfect. In some cases, better than the MiVB/3300 ICP. Then again, you do that (add SIP to the SX-200 ICP), and it's WAY TOO close for comfort to the MiVB software (in terms of functionality, not necessarily programming - I will give the MiVB points for programming over the SX-200 ICP).

Actually, now tat I think about it, the "original replacement" for the SX-200 ICP was the Mitel 5000 CP, later renamed the Mitel MiVoice Office 250. Even the MiVO 250 has been MD'd as of June 30th, 2022. I wasn't a huge fan of the MiVO 250. I tried, I really tried, but the SX-200 ICP was simply better (much simpler to use and program).

[><] MITEL | it's about YOU

If the 5540 was ever connected to a 3300 you will get that error when trying to connect to the 200.

The 5540 needs to be re-flashed. I did it once but it was years ago and I've forgotten the process.

More than likely there is a document on this on Mitel's website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back