Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5540 iP console Mitel 3300 4.2 can ringing be programmed for additional call waiting instead of Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocjeeper

Technical User
Aug 1, 2013
US
Customer would like to hear ringing on additional calls to console instead of Beep. Per the 5540 user guide below it appears it can only be a "Beep" for additional calls. Can someone confirm it can't have ringing for additional new calls waiting?

This is right out if the 5540 Console user guide:

New Call Indication:
When you are engaged in a call, a single burst of ringing signals the next incoming call.
Subsequent calls do not ring the console—even with the New Call Ring turned on. The only
way to tell that calls are waiting is by the C/W indicator on the console display.

With the SX-200 there was a timer that could be adjusted for CW ring. (more Beeps)

Haven't tried with a 3300 but if missing, I would add it to my wish list.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Yeah don't think you get anything other then a quick burst.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Yes, please add it to the wish list,
We all know a console operator job is to process calls, and that person should pay close attention to the C/W in the display. But as we all know in today's world you have to multi task. At this property the console operator is also tasked to assist in taking reservations. Problem is with out a reminder Beep they lose track of the call waiting indication on the console.

Anyone else know if the 3300 can give additional beeps or Calls already waiting?

Hi All,

I was recently tasked to do the same tihing, unfortunately this is not possible on the 3300 with the 5540 IP console as I too found out. As ocjeeper described above, that's straight from the end user userguide.

Don't know of any way.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back