Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

552 rejection: VBA Macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyfram

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2003
Running Exchange 2003 SP2 with Symantec Mail Security.

Inbound and outbound emails containing Excel files with scripts are getting bounced with the following error:
"Error 552 MS-Office file containing VBA macros found inside of the email". The problem is, some of these are legit.

We can send these files internally.

Is there a safe way to get around this?

did anyone respond to you on this? --

i'm in the same boat and looking for an answer ... if i find anything, i'll post it

i got this answer from another forum and now my issue is solved, maybe it will help you ...

here was the response:
Look at this person's page listed with the title "SMTP errors... (warning, computer crap here)"

here was my final post:
insane ... thank you for the posts

IT WAS OUR SONICWALL --

weird though, under "Security Services --> Email Filter" there is nothing activated/checked

but under "Security Services --> Gateway AntiVirus --> Gateway Anti-Virus Global Settings", the SMTP protocol was checked/activated.

The file i'm trying to send is a "know" good (virus free) file so I don't know why the firewall is blocking it ... But I unchecked the SMTP protocol and the file comes through happily

thanks for the needle in the haystack "xxgenius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back