Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

550-Verification failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris121

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
GB
Hello People

I am a disabled ex-serviceman here in the UK trying to eek a new living as a web design / hosting agent. I am using and it's really cheap, yet has been working fine until this issue came up.

Using cpanel, I added an account for a new domain - inovo.tv The website developed from a template worked fine too, but the form on the "contact" page will send mail to a gmail or yahoo account, but annoyingly for my customer, gives a 550-Verification failed error in bounced messages when sending to his address.

isphost support seem unable or unwilling to fix the problem, and unless I fix it soon, I will have one less customer and I've only got 4 to begin with!

Thanks for any help.

Is it an email address @inovo.tv? Checked against inovo.tv isn't in whois yet... It would need to be in the domain registrar's whois system before name service for that domain will work globally. If that ISP is doing nameservice for the domain already, then it should work. A dig mx @your_isp for inovo.tv should show the correct mx record... Not on a unix box atm so I can't try it. Man dig.

Hello Kordaff and thanks for the response and effort.

The form does send mail to @inovo.tv or to msn, gmail or yahoo.

However, it won't send to the customer or to my @ntlworld.com address.

I'm afraid you lost me in your last sentance begining A dig mx?? Can you clarify?

If it helps, inovo.tv was registered at ukreg.com using the following nameservers given to me by isphost.org:

ns1.headwebmaster.com
ns2.headwebmaster.com

; <<>> DiG 9.3.1 <<>> mx @MYISPHERE inovo.tv
; (1 server found)
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 63470
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 3

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;inovo.tv. IN MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
inovo.tv. 14400 IN MX 0 inovo.tv.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
inovo.tv. 14400 IN NS ns2.headwebmaster.com.
inovo.tv. 14400 IN NS ns1.headwebmaster.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
inovo.tv. 14400 IN A 216.127.82.129
ns1.headwebmaster.com. 14400 IN A 216.127.82.129
ns2.headwebmaster.com. 14400 IN A 216.127.82.129

I gotta ask the dumb question: are the addresses typed in properly?

dig is a *nix command.

-Haben sie fosforos?
-No tiengo caballero, but I have un briquet.

Yeah, dig is handy for seeing what remote nameservers have for various DNS records. Man dig is the *nix command to get the manual (help) page for the dig command.

Thanks again folks, but I'm afraid I'm still none the wiser! Here is a copy of the bounce error message - I substituted *s for the actual address:

Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 04:33:33 -0600 [10:33:33 GMT]
From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@cpanel.ev1servers.net>
To: inovotv@cpanel.ev1servers.net
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Headers: Show All Headers
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

*********@syngensis.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<********@syngensis.com>:
host syngensis.com [69.72.225.218]: 550-Verification failed for <inovotv@cpanel.ev1servers.net>
550-unrouteable mail domain "cpanel.ev1servers.net"
550 Sender verify failed

It's a common (though ineffective) antispam measure the make sure the from address of an email is from a valid domain. It looks like the mail server at syngensis.com doesn't like the domain "cpanel.ev1servers.net", possibly because there is no MX, or Mail eXchanger, record in DNS for it.

Is there a way in cpanel to set the domain from which your emails appear to be sent?

Inoticed an option in cpanel called MX entry - but it is set as I would expect - to inovo.tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back