Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5425 Line Interface Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

linker3000

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2007
GB
Hi, I have inherited a 5220 with a 5425 Line Interface Module. The phone is working fine as a SIP device but I am not sure if the LIM is working - it came without a (UK) PSTN lead and I have tried one from a desk phone and also a modem lead. I have also tried the LIM in a 5224 but that made no difference.

I have stopped the phone registering with the VoIP system but I'm not able to make outgoing calls, nor does the phone ring on inbound - it may be the lead but the phone gives no indication that it knows the LIM is fitted (it's now back in the 5220) - is there a menu somewhere that would confirm this? I don't have a user guide for the LIM so if anyone is able to provide a PDF (couldn't see on on Mitel edocs) I'd be grateful.

Any tips?

Thanks

Does the LIM work in SIP mode? I've only used it in MiNet mode. To use it in MiNet you have to program a key on the set to activate it, is it the same for SIP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back