Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

53xx stuck on applications loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody1976

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2005
GB
This is re-post, but still no luck with resolving.

The issue is the handsets work fine when local to 3300, but the 3300 has now been moved to a data centre, and the handsets boot over a wan link (VPN) to the 3300, there is no port blocking at the moment as this is only in a testing phase. But this is causing real issues as keys that are programmed to the set do not appear.

Tried booting the handsets one at a time to see if a bandwidth problem but still no luck,

any ideas, answers on a postcard!

Cheers

How many phones are we talking about?? What's the bandwidth? How far do the phones boot up??

The bandwidth will be at least a 2mb xdsl of some sort, the phones fully boot but at the top they constantly display application loading and none of the programmed keys appear?

I had the same problem. Except i had it through a teleworker. You most likely have a firewall problem, that specific ports are still blocked.

This is what I used:

The (modified) ports\protocols for these ip mappings are as follows -

tcp 3300
tcp 35000
tcp 37000
tcp 6800-6802
tcp 6880
udp 1025-65535
tcp 22

Ok thanks i will contact them and make sure those ports are open

What version of software is your 3300 running.

I have a site where we have a few thousand of these and are having constant problems with this both over WAN and LAN. Mitel have a fix in 8.0 and further enhancements in 8.0UR1 whenever that is released.

I have not upgraded as yet until I get more affirmative answers and have design in canada working on my systems.

The site is running 7.1.4.9_1, i have had this issue on a release 8 site as well though!

I just despise those particular handsets!!

In a couple instances we've had to hard-code the IP address of the ICP and TFTP server (same address normally) and in one case had to also hard-code the voice VLAN number (in the phones). Once that was done they worked fine and could still be moved about at will.

The customer is doing this anyways as they do not have a dhcp server, very small site only 5 handsets.

Not sure if you resolved this but I recently found out that if using hot desking you halve the number of 53xx handsets that you can use. For example, the 3300 allows 100 users, but with the 53xx handsets, you can only have 50. When you hit the limit, the problem you mentioned starts to occur. If you reboot, random phones dont log in properly.

The IP Address of the controller hasn't been changed has it?

If so then you need to go to the IP/Pbx Assignment form under IP Trunking and make sure the IP address in that form matches the new RTC Ip address. The re-boot the system

Don't want to state the obvious, but have you enabled HCI options in Class of Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back