Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

539B16 CPU card 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siilver

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2002
CA
Hello Everyone,

I have a client that as an Avaya Partner system.
The CPU card stop functionning after a lost of power. I have found a replacement card. I was wondering if there is any programmation that needs to be done on these cards.

If yes how do i access it.

Thanks

Is the system a Partner, Partner Plus, Partner II or Partner ACS?

The Partner ACS comes with a backup & restore card that can be used to save system configurations. The card slides into one of the two slots on the front of the Partner ACS processor. If this is the type of system being used, you can replace the processor another processor of the same revision and simply download the configuration (assuming that a configuration was stored in the first place).

All of the other Partner processors do not have that feature and would need to be reprogrammed from scratch.

Before you reprogram the system, plug the existing system into a good sized UPS. At least the system will be able to survive a power outage (unless it is a protracted one).

After the customer is up again, it might be a good time to discuss a telephone system upgrade. [thumbsup2]

If the customer would like to stay with a Partner system, a fine one can be built around the Partner ACS R6 processor. The system will have a backup & restore card to store configurations on and it will also have user replaceable AAA cells to keep programming intact when the system is without power. [smile]

It's a partner 11. I know nothing about avaya... I found a card for $200.00 now i have to find a avaya tech...

they had a UPS but the battery was done... I usally take care of there server and computer not there phone system.

And phone system i work with nortel meridian and norstar and now started to work with asterisk. Is it simalar programming for avaya? how do i connect to the system?

I will definately talk them into upgrading there phone sys.

Thanks for the help

We have a Norstar Meridian here at the office. The Partner programs much differently than the Norstar.

partner is one of the more common systems out there you shouldnt have any problem finding a tech to help you out.

Anyone knows a good tech for this in the region of Ottawa Canada?

hello again,

I have installed the new card in. Everything works except for the fax!!

There is for lines on the system. The 3rd line is shared for the fax. When there is a fax they used to press button 18 to transfer the fax. Right now the fax answers on all lines. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Program Ext. 18 for NO ring on lines 1,2, and 4, and IMMEDIATE ring on line 3. Program Ext. 18's auto line select for line 3, 2, 1, 4.

Program all other extensions for NO ring on line 3.

Tommy,

Thanks for your advice. Is possible to guide me with the programming?

feature 00 system prog twice then...?

Thanks

I have read the docs a bit. I guess my setup is similar to page 4-16 from the manual. I will need to do Line Ringing on page 5-124 for
Program Ext. 18 for NO ring on lines 1,2, and 4, and IMMEDIATE ring on line 3. Program Ext

Then Automatic Line selection on page 5-19 for
Program Ext. 18's auto line select for line 3, 2, 1, 4

Do i need to do Line assignment? I don't think so as the line is shared...

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your help! Everything is now working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back