Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5360 lockup after putting 10+ calls on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

619Tech

Vendor
Sep 18, 2009
US
Is there a maximum number of Multicall keys I can give an operator? I have a customer who's operator has 5360 with 14 Multicall keys. Instead of processing the calls one at a time, she answers all inbounds as they come in, then places them on hold. She then goes back through them to process. After she gets 10+ on hold, her endpoint locks up and she can no longer process calls.

We call this customer stupidity

Convert the main number to a ring group - put 2 multicall keys in that

let her handle 2 calls at once and others can have delay announcement using call coverage and music

she isnt handling calls at the moment just annoying everyone that has been manually answred and put on hold.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Ring Group or ACD is much better solution...You can do ring group without a license. ACD you must purchase I believe 5 agents.

If The customer insists on answering an putting calls on hold you can use a Group Park key addressed against the reception extension

This will allow up to 99 calls placed on park on a first in, first out basis.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

So I create the Park Directory number with my Operator's DN, or a unused phantom? Then give her park & retrieve buttons?

Got it. Created Park Group button with Operator's DN. Uses same button to park & retrieve.

Why not fix the problem instead of trying a workaround.
Answering and putting on hold is stupid. That is why you use announcements. And if they have too many calls to handle they need to put another receptionist in.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back