Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5330 LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassphone

Technical User
Mar 23, 2007
US
Has anyone had complaints about the LEDs on the 5330 set not beeing bright enough? In a well lit room they are hard to see. Is there any way to increase the brightness of the LEDs? Is this a POE problem?

this is new to me
compare the leds to another 5330
this is not a poe issue

No complaints. No way to adjust them. Is it one user or all the users complaining?

You can't duct tape stupid.

The LCD display is fine, it is the line button LEDs that are the issue. It is so bad that on some sets they can't be seen at all.[shadessad]

Is this happening on all of the 5330e sets or just one or two? If it's happening on all of the 5330e phones, how many phones are in service? What kind of PoE switch(es) are you using at the site? If there is a 5540 console onsite, are the LEDs affected?
I wouldn't think it was a PoE issue either since it's not affecting the displays. But, I'd explore that option by swapping out a spare 5330e if you have one. If you have one at your shop, plug it in and make sure it's fine before taking it to the property. If not, connect one of the phones to a power injector, then plug the phone directly into one of the open LAN ports on the controller. See if that makes a difference.

It is on all 200+ phones. We are using cisco 3750 POE switches. It was not an issue with the 5324 sets

What happens when you install a PoE Power Brick between the Wall Jack and the 5330? Does it get brighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back