Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5330 / 5340 reboots 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRalph

Vendor
Dec 7, 2002
US
3300cx ver 10.0.2.8 Stand alone system. PRI call.
Has anyone seen a case where 53xx series phone get a "Fatal Exception" then reboots when an external PRI call is transferred to it? Always the receiving phone that reboots. Not every call.
Network is flat with only about 40 phones on system. No logs indicate an issue.

Ralph

Those Fatal Exception Errors are messages about the stream sockets closing without the protocol closing the connection cleanly. There are two because a socket is created for each endpoint of the call. The constant FSM_TX_CLOSE_TIMEDOUT tells you that the connection was manually closed because it timed out. The phone sees no connection to the ICP and reboots to re-establish a connection.

Are you using 802.3af PoE ?
It could be that your Switch device is under-powered -or- bad phone set -or- there is a routing issue between the ICP and the PoE switch.

What does it say on the phone about these errors? On the 5330 hold down the Up and Down Arrow keys, release the Up arrow key and dial "CFG" (234) and release the Down key. A menu will appear on the phone display. Press # (No) until you get to "Tools and Features." Inside that menu go to "Diagnostics" and select "Last Assert/Except."

I'd be curious as to what happens if you switch the phones with someone who is not having the issue. Switch phones not ports on the PoE, then I'd ask both users to report back and see what you get....[/color blue]

Great input!
My first thought was regarding the power. We've put Mitel inline power bricks to see if that helped. Didn't.
What I find interesting is that - in general with exceptions - the problem only seems to happen when a call is transferred.
I've yet to see what the phone says when it resets. This issue has just been transistioned to me to resolve so I'm going through things.

Thanks for the input.
Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back