Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5330/40 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt85

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2005
US
how come they we (200icp) never get any of the good phones?! are they gonna make these compatible with sx200icp ever you think? they are beautiful

Matthew McGowan
Reynolds Park

From what I have heard they will be available to the 200 in 3.2 or shortly thereafter.

No the phones will not work on 3.2. They will work on 4.0 however (October/November).

I saw the 5330 & 5340 recently. They are very nice and the new (larger) handsets are a great improvement. The VAR I talked to said they should be available sometime in July.

Mitel will begin shipping on July 15th. The phones will work with Rls 7.0 UR2 for the 3300 and in October Rls 4.0 of the SX-200 ICP.

Any plans for product engineering to all get together on the version of JAVA required for the various platforms?

The 3300 and Enterprise Mgr require Java 1.4.2

The 200 ICP requires Java 1.5

C'mon guys....

200icp gui is pointless and takes me longer i hope they make a real gui next time cause there is nothing graphical about a point and click hyperterminal screen.

Matthew McGowan
Reynolds Park

It is on the road map for the SX-200 to have more of a 3300 GUI look and feel. The first and quickest methiod was to implement a GUI with what was already done. It will be a couple more releases before this happens, but it is on the road map.

If you want to know the truth, the web GUI was NOT created for Mitel techs. It was created for end-users, whom have become custom to using the text-based GUI, but wanted something a "bit" easier. Market researched proved that end-users were using the text-based GUI (specific forms only) instead of the MD'd MyAdministrator software. The thought then became, why are we working on and supporting a software application that no one is using.

Again, you will see the 200 GUI look more like the 3300 GUI. And to be honest, I question why we have two software programs - as the hardware (3300 and 200) are the exact same now. The only difference is software.

wow thats interesting. i wonder why they limit the capabilities of the 200icp if the 3300 is the same hardware.

Matthew McGowan
Reynolds Park

Because the 3300 is sold at a premium. The 3300 is the flag-ship product. Also the 200 does not support as many DSPs via the software (i.e. it is limited by the number of DSP it can handel, via the software).

but I believe we had to get the 200icp because of our hospitality needs or can the 3300 do hospitality as well

Matthew McGowan
Reynolds Park

No the 3300 supports hospitality (PMS integration). There is nothing the 200 does that the 3300 can't.

One of the reasons the 200icp doesn't have the web gui is that you don't require a hard drive to run it. It would be kind of hard to put all that web interface on a 256 meg flash card...
If they decided to change the gui they will have to be careful about it or they will have to have a "lite" version as well for those without hard drives.

My 2 bits.

To: TheMitelGuy

your remark above, " There is nothing the 200 does that the 3300 can't" begs the question:

The 200ICP can auto-detect the DNIC set type.
The 200ICP supports multiple ring cadences, by key appearance.

Can the 3300 do either of these? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back