Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5320 call forwarding issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakt99

Technical User
Dec 19, 2009
AU
Trying to setup call forwarding thru handset.

As per user guide, have setup and saved a profile and with busy ext and NA ext to an external destination (using a sys speed dial) and when I try to activate, handset responds with call forwarding failed.....

Class of service of handset has all variances of CF enabled.
Any ideas??

System detail
3300 Ax
MCD 4.2

Is the system speeddial also created in the "System Speed call"?. Otherwise it will have to be a "User speed call" instead. You can also try to see if you can forward to an internal phone first. If that works, then something is wrong with your COS or external number. You can then try to dial the whole number instead of a speed dial.

Where are you trying to forward? Internal? External?

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Thanks Gents

1/ system speed dial entered into system speed dial form

2/ Fails whether I try forwarding to an external number (speed dial or direct) or to internal extension.

Is the destination number complete. I know the system doesn't like it if you are completing the number because of dialing conflict timer. eg. dialed digits in ARS set to 0 with unknown digits to follow or 9 (Depending on country)

Basically make sure that the destination you want to forward to is a complete number and does not overlap any other numbers in the system.

Thanks for suggestion

Definitely have leading ars digit in speed dial. Whole thing is bizare, I can setup any call forward variant on the handset in question using feature access codes and works a treat...

Just wont play ball using superkey / call forward feature

Silly think is I have just setup same thing on another 3300 CX (same OS platform) and works fine..........Unless its a quirk with AX?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back