Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5312 Locked

idahomitel

Technical User
Jul 10, 2006
US
I have a 5312 set that has been replaced twice, and is locked. Have released it in maint, but after answering call, reverts to locked status.

Is the 5312 licensed as a multi-device phone? If it is, do you have a multi device user group built for it? Most times I see a phone in the LOCKED phase, is because its licenses as multi device, but the MDUG hasn’t been created yet.

Deregister the set from the telephone system either like star star star or pound pound pound, I don't remember. Erase the extension number from the phone system make sure you write down all the settings of the telephone and all of the buttons and call forwardings. Reprogram the extension from scratch then connect the phone back to the phone system. While you register the phone to the phone system statically assign a new IP address to the telephone for the telephone to always use. Do not use the old IP address. Try that let me know if it fixes a problem more than likely it will resolve the issue

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back