Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5312 handsets cutting off calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

odiefoxydog

Technical User
Feb 5, 2008
GB
Hi,
Has any one else experienced problems with 5312 handsets running on 3300 Mxe on rel 9 software dropping calls and rebooting.

It appears to happen when the handsets renew their DHCP lease. Dhcp is on the 3300 and a completley separate network to the customers PC's so no Vlan's are running. The phones are spread across different network switches and we've installed the latest firmware for the phones from Mitel's website.

As a work around at the moment we've set static IP's on the phones most affected to see if this resolves the issue but as the site has over 100 5312's this is not an ideal solution. We've also set all the switch ports to 100mb instead of auto sensing to see if this helps.

We have expeirenced the same problem with 5312 handsets rebooting, have loaded 3 different software releases and we still had problems - We told Mitel this had to be an issue with the software as the reboots was not happening on 5330 and 5340 phones........ just 5312, Mitel advised this issue was probably down to the customers network.

Guess what, Mitel have now admited this problem is down to them...... and that the problem is now fixed in MCD 4.0UR1 (10)!!!!!

Me thinks that they have only now admited because they have found a fix?

we are having exactly the same problem
found this on rel notes for rel mcd4 10.0.0.21

MN00296807 - 5312 and 5324 sets display freeze and stops responding
REPORTED IN SW LOAD - 9.0.2.18
SYMPTOMS
5312 and 5324 sets stop responding and display freezes. Set needs to be rebooted to recover.

WORKAROUND = This problem is resolved in set firmware 2.1.0.27 (available on MOL).

Mitel advised upgrade or if you are rel 9 ur3 you should be able to upgrade the firmware on the handsets.

Since upgrading to 9UR3 and putting firmware 2.1.0.27 on the 5312's the occurrences have dramatically reduced.
For the first time in about 3 months, one phone has frozen - investigation using IPA (Analyser) is underway

since upgrading to mcd4 10.0.0.21 we have had no further issues

Apologies. We are on 9UR2 with 2.1.0.27 firmware
Due to the latest phone freeze Mitel have stated we should upgrade to 9 UR3.
(The mitel has a 49 day window of some sort and at the end of this period it may (or may not) close the conection/port to a phone thereby freezing the phone)

hey hey i had about the same issue but it was on a 200icp platform and i see alot of issues on the 3300 line.

talked with a guy at support and he told me firmware 2.1.0.29 was the fix for the phones on the 3300 but you know how support goes sometimes :) .

in my case i upgraded the 200icp to 5 havent heard the customer complain yet but they did tell me that the 200 was a few firmware releases behind.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back