Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5304 or 5312 IP Phone for K-12 classroom? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajuntank

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2003
US
Ok, I have finally ordered my 3300(s) for 3 of my schools and am down to the final decision making process of the phone to go into the classroom itself. I am looking at either doing the 5304 or the 5312. Any insights, thoughts, or recommendations?

Don't quote me, but I don't think the 5304 is a full-duplex handsfree phone, a feature you may want in a classroom environment.

Not to throw a wrench into your decision but I am in a similar situation and I have opted to use Polycom Soundpoint ip320 phones in my classrooms. These are a very good reasonably priced 2 line phone with LCD display. They work great on the 3300. We are going to wall mount them but if you want to use them on a desktop and want a 2 port phone for a work station use the ip330.

If you are a school make sure you check GSA pricing from Mitel. I think I paid about $50 per sip user/device license as well as I got great pricing on 5312's and 5324's. These are for my offices.

Good Luck

cer2225, Polycom looks like a good choice if I wanted to go outside of the MiNet scheme to SIP, but I'm not that brave yet since this will be my first large roll out of Mitel phone system.

IrwinMFlethcher, you made an excellent point that I did confirm. The 5304's do not offer full-duplex handsfree, so it's the 5312's for me.

Thanks for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back