Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5302 - DHCP don't working

Status
Not open for further replies.

expocite33

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2003
CA
Hi, my new 5302 don't get an DHCP adress, I enter a DN and the PIN number and after, the line 1 and the line 2 are blinking... When I go on my DHCP server, I cannot see the mac adress in the table. My option 125 are good because I have many 5224 and 5340. Also, I have enough SIP license...

Someone has the same trouble?!?!

Yop, I had the same yesterday...
I run ICP 3300 Mxe, and release was 8.0 UR1, 5302 starts working from 8.0 UR2.
I've upgraded to 8.0 UR5, and it works fine...

Keep in touch.

Now, it's about French users too !!!

The 5302 doesn't support option 125. You'll have to configure DHCP the old way (options 128, 130, etc) instead.

Not true

There is a problem iwth server 2003 and option 125
Instead of 125 use 43 or make option 125 completely manualy !!!

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I'm sorry to say, that 5302 supports DHCP option 125.
It may have a problem between option 125 and 43...
Keep in touch

Now, it's about French users too !!!

The 5302 only supports option 125, you have no other choice.

Option 125 works perfectly with Server 2003, just use the Mitel DHCP helper tool to help you calculate the required values. Be sure to use the latest version as there were a few bugs with older ones.

You should have your 3300 as up to date as possible before attempting to use the 5302, there were lots of bug fixes for it. I don't think even release 9 addresses them all.

You should really discontinue use of the old DHCP options and move everything to 125, so much neater.

It's work now... The option 125 must be encapsulated!!! My 5302 goesn in the good Vlan...

I rollback my DHCP to Windows 2003 to run the Mitel DHCP helper tool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back