Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5224 Handset - Enhanced Sec Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

schwa13

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2005
US
I purchased a few pre owned 5224 units just to have a couple extras around. One of them starts up and displays "ENHANCED SEC MODE". It then goes into SIP mode and tries to boot. I am unable to get into the configuration to reset the device. 4,7,*,volume up/down don't get me anywhere. Is there another way to reset the device?

Thanks

That's the whole point of Enhanced Security Mode, you can't get into the phone. That phone must have been registered to a system that had MLPP enabled. To disable it, you have to have the phone register with a system that doesn't have it enabled. Make sure your DHCP setting 125 is enabled on wherever the set get's it address from.

Those are old, but still should work as long as they point to the controller. Can you see at least where it's getting it's address from?

It's old because we are running an older version of the software on the ICP. Our core Cisco router is handing out the IP addresses and the rest of the systems pick up IP's just fine.

Maybe I can setup a fake DHCP server?

Thanks

Depending on your network, you could use the one in the controller temporarily. It'll be a hassle either way.

Returning/exchanging the phone might be less work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back