Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500v2 expansion module upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

wajihzaman

Technical User
Mar 17, 2012
PK
Need to remove 6 IP Oficce 500v2 expansion systems connected to a physical Server Edition 10.0 and connect them as expansion systems to a virtual SE r11.1

Please guide do I just need to remove 500v2 expansion systems from SE 10.0 and add to SE 11.1 and perform upgrade from web manager.

Or I need to first upgrade 500v2 to 11.1 as a standalone and then add it to virtual SE 11.1.

If you do basically an upgrade and just the server changes and upgrades simply have the programming restored into the new server then upgrade them from the server.

If this is a new server with new programming I would still go the same way and connect the expansions to the new server then upgrade them via the server interface. Only if that fails I would do it manually as I am rather lazy.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back