Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500V2 Control Unit Stops Responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2006
US
I have a fairly new installation of a 500v2 on the latest version of 9.0. Both LAN ports are connected (each to a different physical network). Randomly at the same time both ports will stop responding. The SIP trunk on one port goes down and the connection to the phones go down and neither network can ping the unit. After a few minutes(5-10 minutes) everything returns to normal. Any ideas?

does the system actually reboot and the lights go red after that and then comes back or do the lights stay normal?

Joe W.

TeleTechs.ca
FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I haven't been on site to see but the audit log does not show a reboot.

are the two LAN ports on two different network switches or devices hooked up or are they going into the same switch and just VLAN settings are taking care of the separation
It could be all kids of issues but the easiest to find out would be a replacement chassis if the network is really separated.

Joe W.

TeleTechs.ca

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"

I'd switch the chassis.

Joe W.

TeleTechs.ca

I dont think so you have a network issue.
Wellcome to Avaya IPO.
Make sur your ip route are correct.
Keep the LAN port for IP phones registration,
Use the Wan port for internet access.
Make sur if you have a vm pro,all the name are write ok with no abreviation.
And voice mail box are not full.
Some times the system reacted weerd.
Do you use DHCP option!
Good luck.

I understand quick but you must tell me often, i,m not sick, i,m normal.

both LAN ports stop working at the same time on 2 separate networks?
I doubt that this is a network issue except the common portion of both which could be the a firewall or router with both ports connected.

Joe W.

TeleTechs.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back