Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500v2 Chassis has stopped manufactoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2014
US
Scansource and Jenne are out of the 500v2 Chassis (700476005) and they will not be getting any new stock. They are offering the TAA verison (70050510) but scansource has already sold out of those. Per Avaya there are some parts that are no longer available in the manufacturing process. Can anyone else confirm? I know there was rumors of a v3 at one point but that was scrapped because Avaya was "moving in a software direction

I work for ScanSource in the UK and at present have not heard of any stock issues with the IP500v2 units (in UK/EU) and from what I know are still able to order stock of the units.

I've also reached out to Avaya for comment and will update if I hear anything back.

UPDATE: I have heard back from Avaya who have said there is no official announcement around end of sale etc of the IP500v2 units at this time and stock is still readily available from a maintenance perspective, so I'm not sure if it is just a stock issue in the US maybe?

Hope they don't go anytime soon unless there is a replacement, we still sell quite a few of them.

Calum M
ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back